Monday, June 25, 2012

Cupcake Craft 198: Put A Bird On it!

Oohh . . . I am a little sad to create this post. Why? Well, it's my last week for being a guest designer for Cupcake Craft Challenges. It was a lot of fun & they had wonderful challenges. I will definitely miss being a cupcake! Thank you, everyone, as I felt most welcome & throughly enjoyed my time with the team :)

Ok, so let's get to business . . . This week it is all about the bird. Put a bird on your creation & share it with us over at Cupcake Craft Challenges. There are always fantastic prizes & if you need more inspiration, check out my fellow team members creations, too!

Originally, I was going to fussy cut around this big, glittered flower. It was on a thorny stem & was so pretty. It was too big for the card, though. I went a little crazy & decided to deconstruct it, then place just the bloom on my card.

The birds are sitting on curly branches on the background. It's beautiful cardstock that I embossed with the design.

The "love" was cut from the same cardstock as the flower. Overall, it's very sweet & soft.

Happiness!

5 comments:

Misty's said...

This is beautiful and very elegant. xx

Shelly said...

Hi Corrinne, your card is so pretty and feminine, I love the rose bloom! Hugs, Shelly x

Unknown said...

Hi sweety! What a gorgeous card!! Just love the soft colors! Great take on this challenge!! It has been so much fun having you at Cupcake! Hugs and sunshine

Corrinne said...

Thank you, everyone, for the lovely words! I enjoyed creating this card, even though, that bloom took a bit of time. I was surprised I followed through with it as I am VERY impatient - ha!

having a {me} day said...

Beautiful card Corrinne, love the embossed birds. keeleyxx