Thursday, July 31, 2014

Throwback Thursday: January 25, 2010

How owl you? Well, I'm doing just fine. Let's take a little trip down memory lane.

It was January and I'd been working on my crafting skills for a bit. Goodness, it's hard to know when, why, and how it all began - Except that it started with scrapbooking. I will have to share my earlier works one of these days! It can be quite a hoot - wink, wink - to see versions of one's earlier works.

Anyhow, I created a set of tags, listed them and they sold within a month. Woop, woop! Are you out there, oh, person who bought my very first set of tags? Or the person who received one from them? That would be awesome :)


{ How To: Easy, Peasy Tags }

- - Supplies Needed - -

Cardstock
Glue
Hole Punch
Embroidery Thread
Stamps
Ink Pad
Sandpaper

1. For each tag, cut two circles from cardstock. (I used a circle punch for speed and consistency.)

2. Stamp images on each circle. I got this look by using a single acrylic block with two different clear stamps on it. Allow ink to dry completely.

3. Glue two circles (unstamped sides) together. This makes them much sturdier. Sand the edges for added interest.

4. Punch a hole in one side, then loop string through it.


As you can see, I used an extra tag to make a special card that I included in the order. Check out the layout below, so you can create your own using one of your handmade tag.

Card Layout #001
If you take me up on my offer, share your creations - I'd love to see it!

With blessings & joy, yours truly . . . Corrinne Quinn

No comments: